Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Working through the waiting pain

It's been 7 days since my interview. The emotional roller coaster that comes with waiting reminds me of how much I loathed dating in my younger years. Between moments of despair where I'm kicking myself from not making a better impression to high moments where I'm feeling optimistic to moments where I just don't care anymore, it's been an interesting few days.

This morning, I made the decision to get back on the job application horse, specifically in the form of drafting my first pain letter. After spending the past couple of days researching and determining who the hiring managers are, I'm been ignoring every bit of worry and anxiety and reaching out to complete strangers with the idea of simply getting on their radar. So far, I haven't died from hitting the "Send" button. But my reward tonight is to crawl under a blanket with these two.


I hate waiting. Uncertainty is nothing short of the 9th circle of hell for me, especially when so much is riding on decisions that I no longer have control over. So I'm learning to work through the waiting pain, giving myself plenty of distractions while also being mindful that something will pan out in the end. Despite the fact that my anxiety is trying to convince me otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. Anxiety sucks, doesn't it?!?!!? My thoughts are with you through this process! I know that everything will work out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for being proactive and hitting send even when doing so is such a hard thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I've never heard of a "pain letter" -- must be something new within the past 3.5 years since I lost my job & went through transition counselling. I am sure it won't hurt (even if it's called a "pain" letter, lol). Enjoy your snuggle time with the kitties! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved