Monday, June 17, 2013

When no news is good news

Sorry for the delay. Truth is I've been waiting to see to hear from the clinic too. Per instructions on Friday, we were running on the no news is good news philosophy with me being seen on Thursday for a bi-monthly check if there are no more bleeding episodes.

Quick run down of Friday. We arrived at our clinic around noon, just in time to see my MFM heading off to a meeting. See told us that the lab slip was waiting for us at the front desk and that they would contact us if they wanted me to come in over the weekend or change my medication regiment. When I mentioned that He-Beat didn't seem to be moving as much, she told us to tell the receptionist so that they could take a peek. The receptionist immediately contacted the triage nurse and within 5 minutes we were whisked backed to the ultrasound area for a fetal non-stress test (NST).

Usually the clinic doesn't begin this type of monitoring until after 28 weeks, especially with twins. But the nurse was feeling lucky and decided that we would give it a go. As she hooked me up to the monitor, she explained the purpose for each of the dopplers (one for He-beat, one for She-beat and one for my uterus to monitor contractions) and then proceeded to get some vitals on me. Warning us that locating the Beats could take some time, the nurse was really satisfied when she easily located both of them and was able to finish setting up within a few minutes.

The jist of all of this is that both Beats are doing well, but we learned I have difficulty feeling He-beat unless he's low. That and She-Beat has earned the nickname "Busy B."

After that Grey and I made our way to the lab for bloodwork. I'm still unclear exactly what they were checking, so I'll update when I learn the particulars.

In the meantime, I'm taking it easy and focusing on other things. We'll see if Thursday results in any interesting news regarding the Lovenox. Until then, no news is good news.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see you are all doing well. And how nice to have the NST. That must really have put your mind at rest. You have become part of my very small (and unwitting) support group ever since I found your voice and some others on a fantastic podcast. That podcast was the closest thing to having someone to actually talk to about my loss and struggle, besides my husband. I love to see your updates and it gives me hope and courage. So, of course I checked back all weekend hoping for some good news. Fantastic to see it!
    With all well wishes, Tamika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! Keep on keeping on, little beats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that both of the beats are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of you three since your last post. I'm glad to hear they are doing well!! I'm so glad that your MFM takes stuff seriously and did the NST!! Still continuing to keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad to hear this. Was thinking of you a lot! Go Beats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely no news is good news, and it's exciting that you were able to monitor them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just read this post & the last one... strange. I hope they can find out what's happening. Nice of them to do an NST for you, though, and put your mind (more) at ease! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So relieved to hear this. Thanks for the update. Continuing to think about you and pray for you and the Beat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to hear the little ones are doing well and I really hope they figure out what is going on with your blood! Carrying babies is hard work and very stressful. Keep relaxed and call anytime you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update Cristy - so glad to hear that everything is going well and that the Beats are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved