Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Long overdue: One Lovely Blog Award

Okay, first off I need to apologize. There's another wonderful blog award circulating at the moment and I have been honored to be awarded by not one, but four amazing bloggers. I dropped the ball on this one and the only real excuse I can give is me being in a funk. Ladies I apologize for being a ham.


Thank you to Stork Chaser at Dog Mom Chasing the Stork, Dandelion Breeze at Adrift on a dandelion breeze, Sass at (In)Fertility Unexplained and Tami-Scramble at Submerged for the One Lovely Blog award. It's really an honor, especially coming from each of you. On that note, congratulations to Sass for her BFP (her recent post brought tears of joy), fingers crossed for Tami for this IUI that's happening today, go send Dandelion Breeze some love as she prepares for this long-awaited round of IVF + PGD and stop by Stork Chaser's blog to send her love and hope for this current cycle.



Here are the guidelines:
  • Share who gave you the award with a link back to their blog
  • Write down 7 random facts about yourself
  • Give the award to 15 other bloggers. 
  • Let them know they've won & pop the award up on your blog.
Now for the facts:

1) Grey and I are obsessed with "Malcom in the Middle." Thank the universe for streaming, otherwise the other seasons would never have seen the light of day. Because of this show, They Might Be Giants will forever have a place in my heart for their song "Nice is good, mean is bad." 

2) I aspire to be a hippy, but I'm too much of a control freak. Honestly, I've tired. The whole earth-mother, drum-circle, granola life-style. Tired it; failed miserably. Still, I love being in the woods, sleeping under the stars. 

3) Sometimes I sleep with my baby blanket

4) Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup is a comfort food. And I still get excited about adding in the "golden egg." (Hence the whole hippy lifestyle not working out).

5) Grey and I cut the cable cord 3 years ago. Hence when one of my students was talking excitedly about Snooki being pregnant, I mistakenly asked her what breed of dog she had and when the puppies were due.  

6) I miss thunderstorms. The ones that would roll across the lakes, bringing buckets of warm rain. Lighting dancing in the sky. As a child, I use to dance in the rain, jumping from puddle to puddle. One of the downfalls of the Pacific Northwest is that the rain is usually in the form of mist, cold and thunderstorms are rare. 

7) Have I mentioned I'm a chronic knitter? People always ask me how I have the patience. I ask how anyone can sit for long stretches of time without fidgeting. I knit while watching TV/movies, knit while in the passager seat, knit in waiting rooms, knit when nervous. Knitting means I don't bite my nails, pick at my toes, tear paper into small squares. Supposedly it helps me manage anxiety. And boredom. All I know is that it's also saved Grey from dealing with a lunatic.

Now the blogs: Since I'm late to the game, I'm trying to spread the love. 

Lora @ Hope Delayed 
ADSchill @ MissConceptions
Jenny @ Sprout  
Wannabemom @ A Glimpse Inside

8 comments:

  1. #5 made me laugh. I needed that!

    Thank you for tagging me. I think I'd been tagged with this award before, but forgot to do it. Oops! Guess I'd better get on it this time. :)

    P.S. I love your Mother's Day Survival Guide. I have a feeling I'll be needing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your #5! If only she were just a dog ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the hippy thing! I live on Vancouver Island now, the capital of hippy places. I love a good sleep under the stars, and cooking outdoors, and healthy eating lifestyle... but I also like to be clean, and smell nice, and sometimes dress fashionable instead of just comfy. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award. I'm typing up my blog post on this now. I too love knitting. Its so very relaxing and I don't really have to pay attention to what I'm knitting if I know the pattern well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived in NC for a bit and the thunderstorms were dreamy. We also lived in a cabin-esque house with a tin roof, which made each storm seem like an adventure. No such thing as romantic storms here in SoCal. I miss them.

    I pierced my nose back in college (before every other person got on the bandwagon) and totally aspired to be a hippy too. I still love my flowered tops and organic shit, but that's about as far as I get now. Still fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking up because I read it as "Mrs. Glass Noodle Soup" so I excitedly clicked over to see what sort of glass noodle soup this was :-)

    You're not the boss of me nooooooooooooow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful that you got your award... love your blog and love knowing more about you :) You are such an amazing knitter :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award, Cristy!! I watched a couple of episodes of Malcom in the Middle and loved it. Now I'm also watching Breaking Bad and it's amazing how different Bryan Cranston is in each one.

    Agh, I love how you said the hippie lifestyle didn't work for you! I'm the same way. I really wanted to be a hippie, was vegetarian for 13 yrs and even tried veganism, etc, but it didn't stick.

    I love thunderstorms, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved